CLICK ON HEART TO GO TO MY IG PAGE

CLICK ON HEART TO GO TO MY IG PAGE
CLICK ON HEART TO GO TO MY IG PAGE

Monday, August 21, 2017

Out of the Goodness of their Hearts...

Our friends went above and beyond the call of duty
when we were going thru our hard times here at the Summer House.

These sweet people came in droves...
bearing food...
food of all kinds...




A delicious roast became our favorite...
Beef Hash.
Into containers and into my freezer for several future meals.


Casseroles ...
Chicken Spaghetti  so good, it just melts in your mouth.
Homemade Lasagna
Fresh sliced peaches
so many cakes and pies, cobblers and mounds of cookies and brownies.

 Four large boxes of GARLIC BREAD


Homemade Peach Cobbler to die for...
and Kathy divided it up and put into containers 
for some cold winter nights.

I'll not have to cook for myself for months.

They brought stacks of pretty paper plates and napkins...
jugs and jugs of tea
several pounds of coffee
rolls of paper towels
cartons of bottled water
taco platters 
so many things, I can't even remember all of it.

To know that we have people around us that care this much
makes my heart beat faster and, OOO, how thankful I am.

Our family had such good meals all thru the time Mr. Sweet was with us.
He didn't eat much in his last days...
always asked for
biscuits and sausage gravy....his favorite. 

I made biscuits and gravy this morning 
but when I realized I didn't have sausage,
I just busted out crying.......

********************************
Since I use my blog as my Life Journal,
I am closing comments for awhile.
I just don't feel like visiting
but I want to continue posting...
at least for awhile.
Love to all.